Viking Market 27-29 July 2017
A Viking adventure for the whole family with everything from battle scenes to music. See a video from the market in 2014.
Welcome to one of Europe’s largest Viking Markets at Kvarnbo on Åland. In the last years the market was visited by around 10,000 people. The success continues!
Here you will rub shoulders with bearded Vikings and bejeweled women. You will see everything from dancing to fighting according to historical technique. In the market place you’ll find craftfolk who manufacture tools and artwork using traditional methods, and sellers to tempt you with textiles, home-baked bread, wrought iron and leather working. And of course plenty of good food and drink in the best Viking style! Music by a variety of players, jesting and loads of kids’ activities, makes this a real treat for the whole family.
- Evening activities with music and surprises every night
- The bar and restaurant, Knarren, stays open all day and also in connection with evening activities.
- The Boathouse bar is also open all day and during the evening.
Adult: 10€. Children, 6–12 years, 5€
Children under 6 years, free
MARKET PASS, 3 DAYS
40€/family (valid for 2 adults + children)
Presale: 30€/family (valid for 2 adults + children)
Presale tickets are sold at Visit Åland office and Citytipset in Mariehamn. Tickets are also sold at the gate.
Getting to the Market
You can come to the Market by car. There is a large parking space nearby.
Or take the bus from Mariehamn. Bus schedule for 2017
A MORE DETAILED PROGRAMME WILL BE PUBLISHED CLOSER TO THE MARKET DATE.
Do you want to stay close to the Market?
- Vikings can live in their tents on the market place.
- Breakfast is available for visiting vikings á € 7,50. Only available via pre-booking in connection with application to the viking market. More information via e-mail: aland-vikingar(at)aland.net
- SALTVIK B&B nearby the Market. Pre-bookings by phone +358 40 811 5044 or e-mail saltvik.bb(at)aland.net
- Runneröd Vacation appartments and cottages.